January 1, 2012

i hate when i do this!

I know... I know... I've been publicly reminded on facebook (thanks to my sweet m-i-l) that my blog is sadly overdue for an update. I find myself SO busy raising three kids sometimes that i forget to take time to blog. since i definately don't take time to scrapbook, i should surely take the time to blog. one day this will be all i have to document who got which tooth when, or what was the time on my first half marathon or how my husband acted at Caden's first basketball practice. So, in a nut shell, here's the last few months:

September: Caden and LaLa both played soccer this season. Caden wasn't really into it and LaLa is probably going to turn out to be this family's star athlete. goodness. to be that pretty and that athletic... we've got our hands full for sure!

October: We took a quick trip to the beach. A much needed rest!


Rachel and I ran our first ever 1/2 marathon. I finished in 2 hours 17 minutes. a personal best for me! I ran the whole time, and beat my gold by 13 minutes... a girl has to start soemwhere :) This is us AFTER the race.


Laura Grace turned 4. Timothy turned 1. we had a joint birthday party for them and it was a blast.



Then, there was Halloween! We always have a bog bash at our house with Mom and Dad and John and Terri and all the cousins and all of the peoples. It's a ton of candy, kiddos, chili and FUN!



Each year for Thanksgiving, we usually spend the day travelling to see family and friends and eating and eating and eating. We hate to miss our Thanksgiving visits and I can't think of many times that we have missed. This year, my mom and dad changed things up a little. We left on Thanksgiving day out of New Orleans for a 4 night cruise! There were a ton of people on the cruise, and we had a ton of babies with us, but it was an AWESOME experience. The kids will remember that experience forever. Mama? She'll remember it to. I won't lie, cruising with 5 kids five years old and under is not for the faint of heart. It was a little tough at times, but boy, the memories!





















Last thing after the cruise, but before my Christmas blogs? Basketball! Caden started playing on a little 5-6 year old team this year. He and his best buddy Griffin are on the same team, and letmetellyou Coach Chip does not get paid enough. Those boys are CRAZY SILLY!

I think I need to close this one out and resolve to do a better job this year.... i'll start with Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment