March 30, 2011

thoughts

i am only three blog post into this new journey and i'm already hitting a writer's block. i have a lot of things floating in my head right now. many things that have to do with sweet t. many things that have to do with my role as a wife and as a mother. i'm at a weird spot right now. i have this desire to grow in the Lord and be a better mom and wife. to study more and to help others more. i then have these times when i get so overwhelmed with all that lies ahead of me in these journeys that i don't even want to start the journey... crazy, i know.

without going into to much detail, because i can't, i'm wanting to share my frustration. our legal system sucks! we are caring for a child full time whom i love like my own. we get very little financial help, and there aren't too many people volunteering for the midnight feedings that are still occuring most nights. i get it. we volunteered and i don't expect too much help. we are doing this out of obedience to God. He'll take care of the kudos part later... you know what i do expect though? high standards. i want him to be in a home where he is loved more than life, where he is prayed over, where he can sleep in peace, where his lungs are safe from smoke, where the threat of spounge bob is the worst thing he could be exposed to. (we don't watch spounge bob, by the way). can you pray for wisdom for us? sometimes the not knowing, the he-said-she-said, and the continual dhr visits wear on me.

so, that's my beef. pray with me, for me, for josh, and for everyone else involoved that God will be glorified, that t will come to know Christ at an early age, and that there will be peace in our home.

and, just because you listened to me gripe, I'll include something cute... pictures of sweet t.





ok. my next posts will be about something fun and light-hearted, i promise. i'm thinking maybe something funny about the big kids. caden has been saying the craziest stuff lately (like telling me he the other day that he was going to scream bloody murder three times!) where do they come up with these things? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment