March 25, 2011

busy

anyone with me? b.u.s.y. i am so guilty of not slowing down. i don't sit down, i don't rest, and this, my friends, causes me to be very tired. i am so guilty of trying to hold it all together on my own. i'm strong enough. i'm capable enough. i've got this! again, i ask... anyone with me?

through some recent fortune, josh and i have had the opportunity to work backstage at several of scott dawson evangelistic association events. we've met several awesome people (toby mac, jeremy camp, casting crowns, the skit guys and more), but our favorite guys have been the group kristian stanfill. the guys are so funny, personable and down to earth. but more than that, they can lead a group of teens into the thrownroom of God for some amazing worship. their new album, mountains move, is no exception. here are the lyrics to my favorite song from the album.

holding my world

And this is Your world, you made it
And all of creation is breathing because You sustain it
Jesus, by your powerful word
You spoke out the earth and the heavens

So I will not worry or fret
My God is the God who will never forget
All of His goodness and all of His promises
He's holding my world in His hands

And these are Your days, you give them
All for Your fame and all for Your glorious kingdom
Jesus, You have ordained
All things to dwell in Your purpose

So I will not worry or fret
My God is the God who will never forget
All of His goodness and all of His promises
He's holding my world in His hands

And I am your child, beloved
And all of my days, my future is laid in your promise
Jesus, to the end of the age
I am not alone or forgotten

So I will not worry or fret
My God is the God who will never forget
All of His goodness and all of His promises
He's holding my world


am i so busy that i forget that i don't have to fix it all? do i remember that "my God is the God who will never forget?" my days and my future are in HIS hands. what is my worrying, or fixing, or running around going to do to improve my walk with the Lord? nothing. not one thing.

i'm praying that God will continue to prick my heart in times where i am focused on the wrong things. things that are good can still be the wrong thing to focus on. slow down. look to Him. He is holding your world in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment