August 1, 2012

ten years

Last week (slow in posting this), Josh and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary. We were able to celebrate with a week together with no kids! Ten years... I'm not sure what I thought ten years would look like. To be honest, I was a little let down. We were somewhere in the ocean, close to the Bahamas, when I had an ugly talk with myself. So this is what ten years looks like? It looks like nine looked, like eight looked. I don't know if I was expecting fireworks (didn't get any), or if something monumental was going to happen while we were celebrating our tenth anniversary, but I was bummed. I felt like there should be something "special" that happened, and instead, I was left wondering why nothing felt different. And then, God revealed to me that I was right where he wanted me. I've been there, so nothing felt different. He still loves me, he still honors me, he still provides for me. Did I expect him to do that more? Did I expect him to stop taking care of me? No, I was focusing on the unimportant. Sizzle? Excitement? Sure. We have our exciting moments, but for the most part, we're just us. Josh and Shannon. Shannon and Josh. We love each other, and we love God. Each day, we try to love Him more, and we are thankful for every new day we get to spend together, raising our sweet babies. I pray that on the days that I feel 'blah' that I am quickly reminded that 'blah' to me is a blessing! It means that we have been given another day to live life together, to laugh together, to raise our kids together. I don't want anyone to think 'blah' is bad. To me, it means that there are not a lot of valleys right now. It means the road is even, and that we are moving in the same direction. That is something that I do not want to overlook or to give less attention to than it deserves. I am so thankful that God goes in front of us and that we are (trying) walking behind Him as He leads the way. I am content to be here. Where He's calling me to be.

During our trip, we were able to spend two days in Disney World before leaving for a cruise. We were like big kids in a candy store. We hit every ride we wanted to ride in all four parks in two days. It's amazing what you can do without toting three kids with you :) We started in Epcot and then hit the Magic Kingdom. On the second day, we went to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. I was amazed at how light the crowds were. There were several times that the walk up time would get you in faster than having a fast pass, and several rides were no line, no waiting! We were able to meet up with some dear friends Sunday night before we left, and were able to stay with some 'like family' family that live near the park. Their hospitality and generosity are SO appreciated!

Here are a few pictures from our trip... i made an extra effort to take pictures of us. I have maybe 2 pictures from our entire honeymoon because it was just us. for our 10th anniversary, i wanted proof :)



We saw it all and had a blast. At Hollywood Studios, we were picked to be part of the Behind the Scenes backlot tour. Josh and I were part of the show, and were SOAKING wet!





After our fun in Disney, we boarded a cruise ship and were UNPLUGGED for five days. it was a relaxing time of doing nothing but chilling and spending time together. i'm so thankful we had the chance to do this!







I am so thankful to God for the love and companionship I have with Josh. I am so convicted about the times I am selfish or unloving or do not respect Josh. I pray that everyday, my love increases for Christ, which will then flow into my relationship with Josh. I love him so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment